- Clean surfaces with vinegar instead of a harsh chemical cleaner. Just put it in a spray bottle and go nuts.
- Switch to cloth towels instead of paper towels for kitchen cleanup.
- Buy foods in bulk to lower packaging waste and travel footprint.
- Make your own skincare products with common oils to replace your standard skincare products, which often contain parabens and other junk.
- Make your own spice blends rather than using prepackaged ones.
- Ditch the gym membership and electric workout equipment altogether and get in shape by spending time outside having fun.
- Plan out your meals in advance to reduce food waste and save money!
- Become a laundry pro to make your clothing last as long as possible.
- Choose locally grown and processed foods when you shop for groceries.
- Look for ways to rescue a "wasted" project - like pretty much every attempt I've made to make soap.
- Drive less.
- Shop less.
- Eat meat less often.
- Grow your own vegetables or herbs.
- Learn to can or freeze in-season produce.
- Stop using shampoo. (I know.... but trust me, your hair will thank you in the long run!)
- Develop an income-generating hobby.
- Switch to online billing and turn off paper mail.
- Reduce your use of disposable items.
- Drink water.
21 Free or Cheap Things You Can Do Today to Live More Sustainably
This post was written by:
Hi, I'm Kylie Worthington a natural health writer and advocate! Everblossom is my natural living blog - I write about going green, eating real food, and using natural products. I love sharing information on how to live well, naturally. Thanks for reading!